It’s ideal for all parties to be at closing that need to sign. However, at times it’s just not possible. In cases where you will not be able to be at closing, you can have someone sign on your behalf by using a Power of Attorney (POA) form. You will want to make sure the form is approved by the lender and the title company. Most importantly, you will want to notify the lender you intend to use a POA well in advance of closing so the form can be approved and the closing documents prepared properly.